STATEMENT OF SUPPORT FROM THE NATIONAL COUNCIL OF PAPUA TO THE ABORIGINAL PEOPLE IN AUSTRALIA AND THE FREEDOM FLOTILLA ACTIVISTS
Thanks are to the God of West Papuans for His blessings that make everything possible for every individual and every party all around the world including Freedom Flotilla activists for seeing the real situation and condition in West Papua that is so devastating. Hence, every West Papua support group always is the voice to voice out the devastating situation in West Papua in their own ways. Therefore, on behalf of the people of Federated Republic of West Papua, I would like to express my gratitude to every individual but especially to the people of Aborigine in Australia.
1. Thank you to the people of Aboriginal in Australia for the support and campaigning the West Papuan issue last year (2013) through Freedom Flotilla Activists;
2. The People and the government of the Federated Republic of West Papua express their hope that the Australian government will except the asylum seekers from West Papua in Australia;
3. The National Council of West Papua hopes that the solidarity activists of the Freedom Flotilla would campaign for the recognition of the Federated Republic of West Papua;
4. Should there be a continuity of the Freedom Flotilla, we urge you to maintain the communication with the Customary Council of West Papua the government of the Federated Republic of West Papua;
5. The people of the Federated Republic of West Papua wish for the Freedom Flotilla activists to urge every organizations and individuals that has been campaigning for the issue of West Papua in the overseas to form a forum of the mentioned issue. Thus, this is our statement, inputs as well as gratitude towards the people of the Aborigine and the Freedom Flotilla activists that has been working tirelessly in campaigning the recognition of the Federated Republic of West Papua.
Numbay, 04 January 2014 NATIONAL COUNCIL OF WEST PAPUA Chairman ENGELBERT Ch.W SURABUT, SE.M.Si